1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I'm a knitter. I've been knitting since October 2006. I've been teaching myself to crochet this summer.
2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? My first knitted item was a garter stitch dishcloth. I've been making dishcloths for my family and friends this year for their birthdays. Every couple of months I knit myself new grandma's favorite dishcloths to use. I give my old dishcloths to my friend's husband. He says the old dishcloths are great for washing your car.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I like Peaches & Cream. I can only get it from Walmart. We only have 1 Walmart in town that has a craft section. I try to buy things from it so it doesn't close. I'm going to knit a set of dishcloths and potholders using Plymouth's Fantasy Naturale or Tahki Cotton next year for birthdays. I would like to try Laines du Nord Cleo Cotton yarn. My friend in my knitting group made a baby's sweater out of it. It's soo soft.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? The yarn determines what type of needles I use. If I could knit everything with Addi Turbos I would.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? Pinks, reds, blues and purples are my favorite colors. I don't really like neon colors.
6. What do you like best about Autumn? Kids are back in school so I can go to the movies again.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! I love to bake apple pies. I've never liked pumpkin pies and pecan pies are just too sweet for me.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I couldn't wait. I loved school. I still do.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) I don't celebrate Halloween. I've seen the product of weird things that go on on that day. I work in the medical field. You don't want to hear the story trust me.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Chocolate covered peanuts, reese peanut butter cups, sweet tarts
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) I'm single, no kids and pets at this time.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? I see myself as a silk/wool blend like Jaggerspun Zephyr because its versatile. Zephyr can be used for lace knitting, delicate and elegant, and also for sweater knitting(holding a few plies together), soft, sturdy and warm. (Guess what I just bought ;-) )
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Dishcloths
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) Thanksgiving because I can spend time with family and friends.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? No allergies