1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don't have a favorite or least favorite yarn to knit with. I did knit a couple of hats using Classic Elite DK Cashmere and Karabella that I thought were the softest yarns I've ever felt. Any yarn that feels scratchy I wouldn't want to knit with.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have hangers that have clips on them and I use them to store my Addi turbo circs so the cables don't curl. My bamboo ansd aluminum straights are in a large jars. My crochet hooks are in a ziploc bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I started knitting On October 24, 2006. I made my first garter stitch dishcloth that day and have been hooked ever since. I learned to knit by taking a class at my local LYS. In the class, I learned knit and purl stitches, the long tail cast on and to bind off in knit stitches. I consider myself an advanced beginner. I love to learn new knitterly things. I've been knitting socks since January 2007. I learned to knit socks by watching Nenah Galati's Sock I dvd and reading Charlene Schurch's excellent book, Sensational Knitted Socks. I also bought Cat Bordhi's Socks that Soar book but I didn't like it.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No. If I was to have an Amazon wish list, it would have sock knitting books on it. Socks kniting books I want to purchase include Socks, Socks, Socks, by XRX Inc, Favorite Socks by Interweave Press, and any sock books by Ann Budd or Nancy Bush
5. What's your favorite scent? It depends.... I wear to work Love Spell. I've been experimenting with the blending of essential oils. I've blended lavender, Ylang Ylang and grapefruit with good results. I use as a massage oil lavender, chamomile and sweet almond. I've worn sandalwood, jasmine and jojoba oil on my days off. Grapefruit, jasmine and Ylang Ylang are also good.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like chocolate. I'm a chocoholic. I love Ghirardelli bars. For something sour, I like sweettarts.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I've started sewing again. I recently made my own body scrub using essential oils and raw sugar. I'm going to be taking a soapmaking class at the end of the month. I'm interested in dyeing yarn and I want to buy the Twisted Sisters sock book. The only spinning I do is in chairs.<---- I stole that line from somebody.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. Lately I've been listening to Journey, Eric Clapton, John Mayer and Jackson Brown. I'm MP3 ready.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like reds, pinks, blues and purples. Right now, I'm not liking brown.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm single with no children. I don't have any pets at this time.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves and hats! I want to knit myself a pair of fingerless gloves. My body is a no poncho zone.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting socks. I learned to knit because a girl named Amber and her Socktoberfest exploits. She would recap Project Runway and I read her other posts in addition to the recaps. I thought to myself.... I can do that.... I want to do that...
13. What are you knitting right now? OTN: sock #1 Twist &Shout Socks (it's the first lace project I've done outside of lace dishcloths), baby burp cloth, Calorimetry headkerchief
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE ME SOMETHING ANYTHING I WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have aluminum and bamboo straights and Addi Turbo circs. If I could knit everything with the Addi turbo circs I would.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No but I'm thinking of making the yarn winder a knitting anniversary present to myself.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? February 2007 New England Stole, I'm using a substitution yarn that's all wrong for the stole I need to frog it and pick out a different yarn.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Sea shells and butterflies
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? _____'s sock yarn Fill in the blank with anyone's/companies' name, Heatstrings FiberArts patterns. I have a subscription to Interweave Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to get into lace knitting. I received a free pattern for a Rose trellis shawl that I would love to knit. One of my to-do things for the Fall 2007 is to start knitting lace so I can make the pretty but intricate shawls
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? YES I AM!!!! I define myself as a sock knitter. Foot circumference 9, heel to toe 8 1/2, toe 2, leg 7, heel flap 2.
23. When is your birthday? April 29, 1968
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I'm on the waiting list for Ravelry. There's about 9000-10,000 people ahead of me.