Monday, August 6, 2007

Wheel in the Valley

You Passed 8th Grade Math

Congratulations, you got 10/10 correct!
Could You Pass 8th Grade Math?


See I can do math.... I took that test after trying unsuccessfully a few times to crochet the Wheel in the Valley. I couldn't get the right number of stitches after doing the 2dc, ch1. I was suppose to crochet 48 sc around, but I was always getting a different number. I asked one of my crochet friends to take a look at the pattern and she told me how many stitches I should have after each round. She taught me how to count the stitches in a round. So here's the Wheel in the Valley. I need to work on getting my tension consistent, but I'm happy overall with the square. Of course it will have to be blocked before I sew it into the lapghan.


I've made some real progress in the Twist & Shout sock. I'm almost done with the leg. I have about an inch left to knit. I think its neat how the pattern is making the twist.It's an illusion that looks like I'm rotating stitches from one needle to the other. I'm in the process of reading the research I did on short row heels. I'm thinking of practicing with some cotton yarn before I try doing it on the sock. I want to make a short row heel that doesn't have any holes in it. I've been looking at Amy's short row video on Knitting Help so I can see how to wrap the stitches. (The Calorimetry doesn't use wraps in the short rows.) I'm going to use Misocrafty's technique for picking up the wrapped stitches.


I'm almost done knitting the Calorimetry. I started this project because I was frustrated with the granny square I was trying to crochet. I thought the yarn's colorway had more green in it than it actually does.


Checkout the cute stitch marker. The set that Nichole sent me has 2 flipflop, a bikini and a sand pail.



2 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Glad to see you using your summer stitch markers! :-)
Loving all your WIPs too!

Criquette said...

Nice square! You've really gotten crocheting down.