Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Questionnaire

Coffee

What are your favorite kinds of coffee? (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!)
Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee? Cafe Calypso's house blends are wonderful. I like their Hawaiian Hazelnut and their Carmel Vanilla. Cafe Calypso is a coffee house inside of Half Price Books here in Corpus Christi. I also like Starbucks coffees. I like Starbucks' 10% Kona, Brazil Ipanema, French Roast and Cafe Verona. I prefer ground coffee.

This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? Yes. Do you enjoy special blends? Yes, I'm willing to try anything.

How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf? Ilike alot of mocha or french vanilla creamer and 3 packets of equal. I don't see the point of decaf coffee.

Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer? I use 20 oz mugs.

Winter and Holidays

What is your favorite part of Winter? The weather is great. I get to make homemade soups and stews. I get to wear my knitted scarves, socks and hats. I love hot chocolate. Sometimes in the summer (or any other season)I'll drink it at work when I'm cold. Hot chocolate reminds me of my childhood.

Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday? Christmas

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree? Sometimes, but the last couple, we've used my roommates' "electric light" fake christmas tree. A real tree can be a handful to deal with....all that vacuuming.

Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package? A winter themed package would be great.

Do you collect anything? I collect seashells and butterflies. I'm thinking of starting to collect sock yarn because I really don't have a stash. Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snowflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect? no not really

Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats? Scarves, socks and hats

What is your favorite holiday or winter treat? Ohio chocolate buckeyes. My roommates' friend makes them every year......they are sooo good..... chocolate and peanut butter....... Of course, I like hot chocolate.

Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory. When I was growing up on Christmas eve, my mom and dad take my brother and I out driving around to look at the Christmas lights and decorations.

Yarn and Crafting

Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? I've been knitting for exactly 1 year today :-) YAY!!! I've crocheting since the summer.

Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? Circular or straight? I like Susan Bates' crochet hooks. I like how that hooks grab and hold the yarn..... I make fewer mistakes. I like Addi turbo circs. I like that the cable can hold the project when I'm not working on it. I heard good things about Knitpicks Harmony needles. I'm thinking of buying a few because I want to start knitting lace shawls.

What sort of projects do you enjoy making? Socks, socks and more socks LOL

What are your favorite types of yarn to work with? Superwash sock yarn (really an kind of woolen sock yarn) and worsted weight wool

Do you spin or dye? I'm trying to learn to spin. I was gifted a drop spindle and some pretty roving.

Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else? I've been trying to sew. I've been trying to take a sewing class but something always comes up and I haven't yet.

General

When is your birthday? April 29th

Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!) no, not right now

What are your favorite colors? reds, blues and purples

Do you have any allergies? no

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on ya..so glad color preferences are listed :) your gonna be fun!!! Ta-Ta til next time :)