Monday, September 17, 2007

Fal into Autumn Topic #2

When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

When I knit dishcloths, I'll either use Addi Turbos if I'm in a hurry or bamboo straights if I'm not. All of my dishcloths are knit with size US 7 needles. Lately I've been using Addi Turbos because they're quick, I like the way they feel in my hands, my purl stitches are matching my knit ones, and I like the soft click clack sound they make when I use them. I'd like to try KnitPicks Harmony needles. I like the colors on them. I like to use Peaches and Cream yarn when knit dishcloths because the yarn feels softer than the Sugar n Creme. I really like the gumdrop varigated colorway. I made my friend, N, dishcloths for her birthday using them. The only problem with me liking Peaches and Cream is that there's only one Walmart in town that has a crafts section and its the only store where I can get it. I haven't gotten to the point where I'll order it online.

No comments: