Thursday, September 20, 2007

FO: Twist & Shout Socks.....also what socks are next up


Finally, I'm done with them. It was a long 2 months of knitting. What I've learned from knitting the Twist & Shout Socks:

1. I don't like short row heels. I can do them, but I just don't like them. It's going to effect me trying to knit toe up socks. I've decided to push back learning to knit toe up socks until 2008.

2. I cannot multitask and knit lace socks. I'm going to mess up. I'd like to try knitting lace socks again...maybe something by Cookie A or out of Sensational Knitted Socks



The next pair of socks I'm knitting are for my brother's size 13 feet. I'm going to knit the Thuja Socks from knitty.com using Fearless Fiber's Superwash merino sock yarn in the Thoroughbred colorway. I'm using US 1 Addi Turbo needles on 2 circs. The modifications to the pattern so far are the fingering sock yarn, US 1 needles, and casting on 104 stitches....I'm gonna be busy.



Look what came in the mail..... It's Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool Quarters in Ruby River colorway. I'm going to use it to knit a shawl. More on that later after I finish the Branching Out Lace Scarf.

2 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats on the gorgeous FO!

Tabitha said...

Very nice socks. I also am not that enamored with short row socks. I always seem to mess up the fit. It also has taken me about 10 tries to get a heel that looks nice and doesn't have holes. There are instructions on Wendy Knits for doing a heel flat on toe up socks if you don't want to wait till 2008 to learn toe ups. Cookie A's Hedera is a very easy lace pattern if you want another to try.

PS Thanks for the kind comments on my shawl.