Monday, September 10, 2007

FiberFlix


Have you ever asked yourself..... What movie do I want to watch? That's what I've been asking myself for the past couple of weeks. I just mailed back The Closer Season 2 (the complete season- dvds). I've had those dvds out for a month. Netflix really made their money off of me in August. I pay $25 for unlimited dvds plus internet movie access. I can get up to 4 dvd at a time. I've had my membership for almost 2 years. It's great. I can sit. knit and enjoy some good..... sometimes bad..... movies.

I just joined a new knitting group blog, Fiberflix. I have in my queue the movies for September: Heathers, Clueless and Grosse Pointe Blank (the theme is Back to School). Any group that has me watching John Cusack movies is cool to me. :-) In October, the theme is Monster Movies and we'll be watching 28 days later, 28 weeks later and A Nightmare before Christmas. In November, the theme is Director Retrospective, and we'll be taking a close look at Alfred Hitchcock. He's one of my favorite directors. I love to watch North by Northwest. I like his old tv show Alfred Hitchcock Presents... especially the one where Barbara Bel Geddes (Miss Ellie from Dallas) kills her husband by beating him over the head with a leg of lamb then roasts the lamb and feeds it to the police. She gets caught when she does the same thing to her second husband.

Here's a little info on the group from its moderator, Jennifer, posted when she started it:
... FiberFlix, a crafting group for people who love movies and love knitting, crochet, spinning and weaving. Every month we will watch a couple of movie selections and discuss them. Members are also invited to craft a project in the spirit of the films that we will be watching and discussing together. This group is low stress. Participation every month is not mandatory, nor do you need a blog. If you are familiar with the Knit the Classics group, a crafting and reading group, this group will be run similarly.

All fiber crafters are welcome: Knitters, spinners, crocheters, and weavers. If you enjoy creating with fiber and often watch movies while you craft, then this group is for you! If you are interested, email me at craftylilly AT hotmail DOT com.

No comments: