Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Knitting Adventurer







What Kind of Knitter Are You?




You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer. You are through those knitting growing pains and feeling more adventurous. You can follow a standard pattern if it's not too complicated and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've started to experiment with different fibers and you might be eyeing a book with a cool technique you've never tried. Perhaps you prefer to stick to other people's patterns but you are trying to challenge yourself more. Regardless of your preference, you are continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as well you should since your non-knitting friends are probably dropping some serious hints, these days.http://marniemaclean.com
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code


I think I'm a knitting adventurer because I like to make changes to the patterns I knit. I don't have a problem with ripping and starting over. Let me tell you about the Forest Canopy Shawl.



Last week I casted on the Forest Canopy Shawl. Actually, I casted on the shawl 3 times. The first time I used a provisional cast on(it's not needed for this pattern) because I didn't like my cast on edge of the Branching Out scarf. I thought it wasn't stretchy enough. Then I knitted the setup rows of the pattern. I hated how it looked and I ripped. The second time I casted on again using the provisional cast on and slipped the edge stitches of the setup rows. I hated how that looked too. The third time I casted on not modifying the pattern at all. I like how it looks and I've completed 3 pattern repeats. I like how it looks. I'm knitting the shawl with Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool Quarters in Ruby River colorway. The ruby river colorway has 2 shades of red(ones a true red and the other lighter pinkish red), brownish orange and 2 shade of maroon(maroon and a mauvey maroon) in it. I'm using the chart to knit it. I'm never used a chart before. It's so much easier than using the written instructions.



I finished the Branching Out scarf. Later on today, I'll go to Michaels to buy more pins so I can block it. Grace of LovinComfortKnits was kind enough to give me advice on how to block it.



Unblocked it's 39 inches long.





Sock News:
I'm still knitting my secret project with the Snapdragon sock yarn. I'm not going to be done by Friday like I wanted. Pictures to come when the package is sent off.



I bought some more yarn.... sock yarn of course. It's Madeleine Tosh's Hand-dyed Superwash Merino wool sock yarn in vermillion. Its shades of pink and red.

No comments: