Thursday, November 8, 2007

Flowers and Book Meme

My favorite swap hostess, Anne, is having a contest over on her site. She wants to know what are your favorite knit patterns. She looking for something to knit. Of course, I gave her few sock patterns I like. Tell her I sent you and I'll be entered into the drawing 3 times.

Flowers
I don't understand why I'm not a daisy, bluebonnet or some other wildflower...




You Are A Lily



You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.

People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.

You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.

Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.



I do consider myself to be a loyal friend and I like making people laugh. Sometimes people don't get my jokes because I'm perceived as being a very serious person.

Book Meme

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?

Paperback. It’s cheaper and easier to carry around.

2. If I were to own a book shop, I would call it…

Wee Hours. Sometimes when I’m reading a really good book, I won’t put it down and I’ll stay up all night reading it.

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…

I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do. - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be…

I cannot pick just one. My top 3 are Harper Lee, Toni Morrison and Alex Haley.

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be…

The Stand (unabridged version) – Stephen King It’s the only 1000+ pages book that I’ve ever read that I never wanted it to end.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…

Actually someone already invented it. A Ear light

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…

Adventure, travel, excitement

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…

Kay Scarpetta in Patricia Cornwell crime novels. She’s extremely intelligent, well respected, a hard worker and also an excellent cook.

9. The most overestimated book of all times is…

The DaVinci Code. It was boring

10. I hate it when a book…

Ends. The adventure is over. :-(

No comments: