Monday, July 30, 2007

Pretty Pebble Squares, Twist & Shout Socks II


As part of my homework for Learning to Crochet Lesson #2, I had to make 2 squares for 3 different patterns. Here's Pretty Pebble Squares:



The crochet stitches used in the squares are single and triple crochet. I used a F hook to get the pattern gauge. (The pattern called for a G hook to be used.) I'm going to block the squares before I sew them into lapghan because the edges curled alot. I've talked to some of my crocheting friends and asked them to show me how they hold their yarn. I've been experimenting with what they told me. I used the crochet technique that I. showed me to make the squares. I think if I just keep crocheting it will feel less awkward to me. I remember when I started knitting it felt weird holding the needles and the yarn.


I finished the cuff and have started the leg portion of the Twist & Shout sock. This is my first lace sock. I've only knitting lace dishcloths before. I frogged back to the cuff twice because I've made mistakes on the leg pattern. I either had too many stitches or not enough stitches. I knitting slowly so I won't make mistakes.


No comments: