Thursday, July 26, 2007

Crochet Wednesdays

This posting is late; just a lil(it's really 0405 on Thursday). I've had a migraine for the past 2 days, and I'm just starting to feel that it's going away. I've been taking Aleve 440mg every 8 hours and either laying down in bed in the dark or wearing dark sunglasses if I have to be up during the day. This sucks big time......











Learn to Crochet - Lesson #2
This week I've learned to slip stitch, half double crochet, double crochet and triple(treble) crochet stitches.



I also tried to crochet in the round. The various stitches were pretty easy to learn. I will have to refer back to the tutorial when I make my squares because I haven't committed them to memory yet. I had to read and make the crochet circle a couple of times (plus read another tutorial)before I could get it right. I found another really good tutorial on crocheting in the round at the Crochet Cabana. Crochet Cabana is an excellent site on how to crochet. Sandra has alot of tutorials on various stitches, links for blocking and other crochet tutorials, and pages about specialty crochet. Another website that I found in my crochet learning journey is NexStitch. NexStitch has great videos on crochet stitches, patterns and articles.

My crochet homework this week is to make 2 squares from 3 different patterns that incorporate the stitches I've learned. The patterns are Pretty Pebbles Square, Basic Granny Square, and Wheel in Valleys. I'll post the squares when I finish each pattern.

1 comment:

Criquette said...

Looks like you have crocheting to add to your list of talents, now!