Monday, July 2, 2007

Charade Socks


I regularly read Amber's blog (myaimistrue.com) and she's started a Charade sock knit along. Last night, I casted on the Charade Socks by Sandra Parks. The grainy picture is of the Prince of Tides colorway by the Unwind Yarn Co(crafygirl83). No picture does this yarn justice. It's beautiful shades of blue with a touch of teal. (My digital camera grew legs and walked away. I'll be replacing it in a few days if it ever stops raining.) The four stitch herringbone ribbing pattern is "easy peasy." I have made Charade, starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn, my nextflix. Hopefully I'll get the dvd in time to start the second sock.

I'm making the socks for my ex-classmate, T. Her birthday is today. I've been late all year knitting birthday presents for my friends and family and I kept it up. I'm thinking that my New Year's resolution for 2008 is it knit and present to giftee their gift on their birthday.

2 comments:

Criquette said...

Heehee! Nice to know I'm not the only late gift-giver. Once it got so bad, that I did give my niece and nephew their gifts on their birthday - but it was the gifts I owed them from the year before! The nieces and nephews don't buy it when I tell them "but it's like having 2 birthdays in one year." So maybe I'll join you in that resolution.

Lapdog Creations said...

Hey - glad to see you started a blog and I'm going to add you to my bloglines! :)
My thing is also getting gifts COMPLETED... and not just giving up altogether! lol