Thursday, July 26, 2007

Charade Socks,Twist and Shout Socks, Baglove


FO: Charade Socks....... I finished T's Charade socks. I'll be able to give them to her this weekend. Hopefully she's working. I only have one little worry which is that the socks may be a too tight on her legs. Because of the herringbone pattern, the socks are not stretchy. I followed the pattern exactly and didn't make any modifications. (I made a gauge swatch in stockinette. My gauge changed when I used the pattern. Also I didn't check to see if I needed to cast on more stitches. Beginner mistakes....) If they are too tight, I do have another skein of the Prince of Tides colorway so I can make her another pair. The combination of the colorway and the herringbone pattern created a beautiful pair of socks. I'm glad that I found the sock-along at Amber's website.



For my next sock project, I'm going to knitting I. a pair of Twist and Shout Socks in the Medicine Woman colorway. Brooke created a beautiful colorway that reminds me of mix berries.


Since I'm not using the sock yarn(Opal Handpainted) that the pattern calls for, I made a gauge swatch and I'm getting a gauge of 8 1/2 st per inch with the sock yarn. I didn't measure I.'s foot circumference so I'm using a chart in Sensational Knitted Socks. I should cast on about 71 stitches for socks to fit I. I'm going to cast on 66 stitches for the cuff and leg then increase to 72 stitches for the heel, foot and toe. I'm excited about this project because I've never made a short row heel before. I've always made socks that have heel flaps and gusset decreases. I'm studying 2 tutorials to help me with the short row heel, CosmicPluto Knits! and Misocrafty. If I like the short row heel I make, I'm going to try knitting the Ann Budd toe-up socks in Interweave Knits.(those socks will be for my niece)

Last Friday, I made a Baglove Night for my new camera. I'd never made an I-cord before. It's sooooo easy. I'm able to fit the camera, my license, keys, lipgloss and some money in the small bag. I'm good to go for poker night, football games, etc. If I can find the right colorway, I'm going to knit few of these for Christmas sockingstuffers.

2 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Love the bag and the socks!!! The bag especially! :)

Stacie said...

Love your Baglove! Thanks for the link too--I would like to make one of these. I enjoyed your blog!
~Stacie