Wednesday, September 24, 2008

NFL Bye Weeks

Each NFL team plays 16 games out of 17 weeks in the NFL schedule. The game that they don't play is called their bye week, or "Open Date". It is important in fantasy football to make sure that your starters and backups do not have the same bye week since one of the primary reasons for drafting backup players to have coverage during the bye week of your starter.

Why does the NFL have bye weeks any way? I'm asking this question because RB Willie Parker(eye candy pic) sprained his knee in the PIT-PHI game last week and will miss PIT's game this week with Ravens. It's my RB back up's bye week so I've had to go looking for a RB free agent. My league on NFL.com requires 2 starting RBs. I decided to pick up at least for this week and may be next week Chris Perry CIN RB to fill the hole in my roster. I dropped DET's WR Roy Williams to get Perry. I also dropped WR Anthony Gonzalez for WR Hank Baskett. I'm 3-0 in that league and ranked #1 in my division. I've had to do less juggling in my yahoo league. I'm 2-1 and ranked #3 in the one. I lost last week by 2 points. You're right Eileen. FF can get crazy.

4 comments:

AllyB said...

ooo-la-la! I'm just sayin, LOL That's an amazing specimen there.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky to get Atlanta's Michael Turner as one of my RBs - he's gotten me TONS of points! I had never even heard of him before he landed on my team (I did an auto draft.) I'm #1 in my league, the only one with no losses so far. And I haven't even done much research/maneuvering this year! Fun fun. :-)

Virtuous said...

Dayum!!!! And it ain't the football! LOL ;op

Miss Me said...

pardon...? did someone say something? i was a little distracted...