Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TOL Week #2 and Purl Increases

TOL Trees#1 Completed

I finished week 2 of the TOL last week, but haven't had time to post about until now. I finished the top of the trees and I love how it looks. I think this afghan will be one of the items I'm going to have a hard time parting with.

TOL Trees#1 Completed

If you , dear reader, is thinking of knitting the TOL spend the $4 and buy the Lion's Brand pattern. It comes with a chart for the trees that's sooo sooo helpful!

TOL Trees#1 Completed

Next up is the dividing pattern section and flower section. I'm going to have to do a purl increase. I looked up purl increases in the net and I found a great video on how to do an invisible one. The video's author and producer is Annie Modesitt aka the Knitting Heretic. One day when I'm a better knitter, I'll knit her Kimono Swing Coat.



The purl increase can lean to the left or right depending on how you do it. I'm not sure which increase I'll use. Both look great.

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

What a informative post and I have always wanted to knit this and you are making me think about.It is so beautiful I will enjoy watching it grow;)(((((Hugging You)))))Darcy