Monday, July 28, 2008

Crimson Purls aka Berrylicious Socks

One of the things I enjoy about the Summer of Socks competition is seeing what everyone is knitting. Haveyouanywool posted a pair of gorgeous Flickers(pattern by CookieA) that I have to knit! I've already bought the pattern. I'm waiting to buy the yarn until the last week of the Olympics. I don't want to get distracted from knitting nephew's socks that I'm knitting for the Ravelympics.

The other pair of socks I'm waiting to knit and buy the yarn for is the Monkeys in the Dream in Color Smooshy Ruby River. I knit a pair of them for my aunt and LOVE how they look. The socks are soo pretty!! The Berrylicious socks are for my aunt who made a special request for a pair of socks she could wear around house. I'm mail them to her for her birthday in September.

CRIMSON PURLS SOCKS

Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy Ruby River
Needles: US 2 Addi turbo 40" circ magic loop method
Gauge: 8 spi
Modifications: I omitted the set rows for the heel flap. I made the heel flap only 28 rows(14 PU sts) long.
Start: July 10, 2008
Finish: July 17, 2008

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Love your Monkey socks. The color is fabulous!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

They make me think of eating raspberry sherbert on a hot summer day:)Hugs Darcy

AllyB said...

mmm, those are definitely berrylicious! That's a great color, very cheerful.