Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fraternal Jaywalkers

I haven't been posting on here because I have been compulsively knitting socks. I'm trying and succeeding at knitting a pair of socks every 2 weeks for the Summer of Socks 2008 competition on Ravelry. I know I won't win the most socks knit, but maybe I can win one of the biweekly prizes. I'm trying to get my sock knitting time down to less than 2 weeks in preparation for the Summer Olympics. I'm participating in the Ravelympics in which I'll attempt to knit a pair of US mens size 14 wide socks for my nephew in about 2 weeks and work an extra day at work each week. Its an endurance/time limit challenge for myself.

Well anyway here's the Jaywalkers I had to knit after seeing so many of them on Britknitter(Brittany knitter)'s blog.

My 1st Jaywalkers

Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Dusk colorway
Needles: US 1
Gauge: 9 spi
Start: June 21, 2008 I had to look on Ravelry for the date
Finish: June 29, 2008

In the next couple of days I'll post other socks I've knitted. I don't this post to be too long.

3 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Love 'em - great colorway!

Dianne said...

Your Jaywalkers look great. I love the colors. I can't believe you're knitting socks so fast! You're amazing!

AllyB said...

Hey Cheryl! Nice socks. Good luck with the Ravelympics. I'm in the cable steeplechase and scarf whatever, lol. Have a great week.