Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Knitting Goals 2008

Skeins Her Way is having a contest and is asking for summer goals. I tried make reasonable goals and include some of my WIPS....

1. Participate in the Summer of Socks

2. Knit myself a pair of socks: Muscari Socks from knitty.com

3. Get started knitting my Christmas sock gifts for my brother's family
a. My oldest nephew's socks(US size 14 feet)
b. My SIL socks

4. Finish the Adamas Shawl for my aunt...it's now a Christmas gift

5. Finish the Mystic Light Shawl for my SIL

6. Knit myself another pair of socks: Nancy Bush's Conwy Socks

FO: PICHOLINE SOCKS













I finished my Dad's Father's Day Gift, aka the Picholine Socks. My Dad is going thru a rough time right now healthwise so I wanted to make him a pair of socks that were extra special. The picholine is a type of olive. Olives symbolize peace, health and hope. The Picholine Socks are my way of giving him health and hope.

pattern: My own... a simple k3p3 ribbing
yarn: Fearless Fibers' superwash sock yarn in Contemplation colorway
needles: US1
gauge: 9spi
size: 12 wide
start: June 2
finish: June 13

One last thing:

The yarn I'm giving away in my blogiversary contest/drawing is Dream in Color Smooshy in Visual Purple colorway. I bought a skein of it for myself too.

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I want to knit a curtain for my mil's cabin out of mason dixon
finish the easy flame scarf for a friend:)
finish some socks I started last year.
knit a ponchette and a chevron shawl.
knit more baby hats for charity.
and win your smooshy visual purple skein since it is one I have wanted for sometime now love that coloryummy;)I love your socks.Hugs darcy