Thursday, August 28, 2008

Solid Socks KAL

solid sock banner

My next sock kal is the Solid Socks (and semi solids too) year long kal over on Ravelry. Its an informal sock kal that has you knit a pair of socks with your choice of pattern in a preselected color. We're not picky about the shades of preselected color.

Colors for 2008-2009

September: Oranges
October : Browns (to include tans/honey etc)
November : Golds/yellows
December : Reds and greens
January : Burgundy/wine and black/greycolors
February : Pinks/Peaches
March : Greens
April : Purples
May : Pastels
June : Naturals/Whites
July : Blues, Reds or White
August: Brights and only solids

For September I'm knitting Evelyn Clark's Waving Lace Socks from Favorite Socks in J Knits Superwash Me sock yarn in Georgia. It reminds of me of a dessert one of my ex coworkers would make and that's what I named the socks,Peach Cream Kuchen.

J Knits Georgia

Come on over and join us :-)



3 comments:

Miss Me said...

that sounds like fun! i'll have to see what is living in my stash... i'm considering putting my stash on a slimming program. it is getting unwieldy! ; )

Dianne said...

Love that shade - it looks like orange sherbet!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Very yummy:)Hugs Darcy