Tuesday, May 6, 2008

FO: Great Barrier Reef Socks






pattern: Charlene Schurch's Double Lace Ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks
yarn: Fearless Fiber's superwash sock yarn in the Coral Pink colorway
needles: Addi turbo US1
gauge: 9 sts = 1 inch
modifications: stockinette stitch heel



I started these socks in March then stopped knitting them to make the Broad Spiral/Vortex Socks. After I frogged them, I restarted them in April so it took me about 3 weeks to knit. I'm pleased with how they turned out and I hope Lushorama likes them. Now I only have 2 more PIF pairs of socks to make.

Pattern Surfing: Marigold Socks by Pamela W. aka Flint Knits
When I saw this pattern, Marigold Socks, it made me want to do another pair of toe up socks. It's lovely! I'll even do a short row heel(which I'm not a fan of). I discovered the pattern while looking at pictures of the Child's First Sock on Ravelry. Flint Knit's has a gorgeous pair that she made using a purple semi-solid Koigu.

5 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE them!

Lushorama said...

WOW!! They are absolutely beautiful, you're very clever!!!! (I haven't been keeping up with my blog-reading, I,'s so glad I had a chance to check yours this morning!!!)
Lucky ME!!!!
xxxx

AllyB said...

ooo, so pretty! Love that color.

Eileen said...

The socks are gorgeous! I LOVE the color!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Just stopping by. Have a great weekend!

~Your "Make it Through the Day" (Ravelry 9-5 group) swap partner