Friday, January 23, 2009

Knitting Goals 2009

I have some lofty knitting goals for 2009. I want to be a more adventurous knitter and break out of my easy sock pattern and only knit socks mode. I hope do much better than I did in 2008.

1. Knit for myself 7 pairs of socks...one for each day of the week.

2. Be a more adventurous socknitter. I joined the Crafty Bus over on Ravelry and I knitting a pair of Baroque Socks for January. Its going much quicker since I put the cable needle down. The yarn is Louet Gems fingering weight sock yarn in Linen Grey and I really like it!

La Stravaganza Sock #1 leg pattern up closeBaroque Sock #1 Gusset stitches decreased


3. Knit and finish(or complete one already started) two the following lace shawls:
Adamas Shawl I started in February 2008
Angel Shawl I wanted to knit in 2008
Mystic Light Shawl I started in 2008.... in March I think
Mystic Star Shawl that I'll start on Monday... I concide that I'll get behind but I want to finish
it. I seem to be able to finish things knit in the round
Swallowtail Shawl I started in December 2008 when I was briefly tired of knitting socks

4. Knit either the Lily of the Valley Stole or Triinu's Vine and Leaf Shawl for myself.

5. Knit the Tree of Life Afghan for a buddy and Saffron Cables Afghan for my brother and his wife for Christmas. Oh yeah, this is an odd year so I'm only knitting one Christmas present everyone else gets store bought stuff. I start the Tree of Life Afghan(TOL) on Monday too.

2 comments:

AllyB said...

Wow, that's an awesome sock!

Miss Me said...

LOVE the baroque socks! the pattern shows up so well with the yarn and colour.